Spice Girl Seasonings Co.
All Natural Seasonings & Rubs for Everyday Cooking
Light & Healthy Zuppa Toscana
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 leek, white & light green parts only, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
3 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
4 cups kale, roughly torn into small pieces
1 - 14oz can Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
64 oz chicken stock
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup coconut milk
1.5 tsp Rustic Garlic Herb Seasoning
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in soup pot and add onion and garlic, stirring until onion is translucent.
2. Add Rustic Garlic Herb Seasoning, leeks, carrot and celery and cook for about an additional 2 minutes until soft.
3. Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir to combine.
4. Pour in chicken stock, add bay leaf and bring to a boil.
5. Once broth is at a rapid boil, add potato chunks. Cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
6. Reduce heat to low and stir in the kale pieces, beans and coconut milk. Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste before seasoning with salt and pepper.